Neonatal Therapy National Certification
- Requirements for neonatal therapy certification include 3 years as a credentialed professional (physical therapist, occupational therapist, or speech-language pathologist), 3500 hours of experience in the NICU, a minimum of 40 hours of education about NICU-specific content within the last 3 years, 40 hours of mentored experiences, and a passing score on the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination.
- Applicants who fulfill all of the requirements of Neonatal Therapy Certification will earn the credentials of Certified Neonatal Therapist: CNT.
- Certification is valid for 5 years from the date of certification.
Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination
- Applicants who have submitted their completed certification application will be notified by the NTNCB if they satisfied all requirements within 1 month of application submission.
- The certification examination is computer based and administered by a third party professional testing center. Testing centers are located throughout the United States and abroad. Please click here for a list of locations in your area.
- To meet the final requirement for certification, applicants must receive a passing score during administration of the Neonatal Therapy National Certification Examination.
Neonatal Therapy Certification Application Process
- Download the applicant checklist and the application instructions before you get started.
- Each applicant will have access to an individual portal after establishing a username and password and paying the application fee. This portal will allow applicants to create a professional portfolio where all required documentation for certification will be submitted to the certification board.
- Technical problems can be addressed by emailing email@example.com
- Fees have been established for the period 11/2016 to 11/2017 and are subject to change thereafter.
- Application Fee: $200.00. The application fee is due at the time the application process is initiated, and payment gives the applicant access to the portfolio submission portal.
- Examination Fee: $400.00. The examination fee is due upon notification from the board that all certification requirements have been satisfied and will be submitted via an electronic link that will be provided. The applicant will then schedule the certification examination on a convenient date at a professional testing center in the applicant’s local area.
Fees are accepted by electronic payment through the applicant portal. No cash, checks, or money orders will be accepted as payment. Fees paid by the applicant are non-refundable.